Thursday, October 21, 2010

Revisions

I was not very happy with the first two chapters of my latest book and that seemed to be the same reaction I received from my editor. So......I took them out and started with chapter three and I am now trying to figure out how to get all those words and parts of the story weaved back into the book. Writers always think their words are golden, we've sweat over the keyboard and pulled out every word that we think fits with the story and I am no exception. But I do have a realistic side of me that steps in with a bloody knife and cuts away what isn't necessary.

We writers must have an inner muse who tries to tell us what fits and what doesn't fit, we only have to listen and maybe we can save ourselves some angst and additional work down the road.

Anyone else out there go through this?  

No comments:

Post a Comment